Red Hat System Administration III (RH254), related to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, is designed for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent skills and who want to broaden their ability to administer Linux systems at an enterprise level. The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewall configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
Note A: This course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
You Will Learn How To
- Network port security and link aggregation
- iSCSI initiator and target configuration
- DNS troubleshooting and caching name server
- Providing NFS and SMB file servers
- Apache HTTPD web server management
- MariaDB SQL database configuration
- Postfix SMTP nullclient for servers
- Bash scripting for automation
Important Course Information
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience